TTTT


April 30, 2010

Romper-licious

Rompers began top make some significant entrance arguably in 2009. Prior to this, the more adventurous souls toyed with the look but I would say few were successful. There simply wasn't the inventory there is these days since much like any new design idea retail had to catch up. The fear is that wearing a romper as an adult may remind onlookers of something like this:

or this:
or heaven forbid this:

But due to the mass public's more accepting nature of the look on grown adults, there certainly has been a larger inventory of these at all price points. Several months back, sick of the winter blues, tired of all the denim, longing for sunshine and rainbows, wanting to feel the warm breeze on the back of my neck....bored at work - I purchased this online:
I had hoped that the loose fit, the black and white color, the leather belt and the more conservative length in sleeves would help adultify this look (that is sooooo a word). Now despite the fact that I did get it at a steal I'm still trying to gauge what venues are appropriate for this. Dinner? Certainly. Movies? Maybe. Shopping? But of course. Sunday brunch? Careful on how its accessorized. Work?.........................................crickets.
Maybe I just started out from a more conservative work environment. And despite the fact that these days my work dress code is casual-casual I'm not so sure on this one. Glammed up or not.
I mean there are some that are clearly casual:
some that are clearly sexy:
some that are..well.....hmmm:
Yeah - not even with Jennifer Anniston's body, Halle's face and Lohan's sense of oblivion.

Tran


2 comments:

  1. I actually tried one of these babies on last week - trust me when I say it wasn't a good look on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you put on that juicy one (last) didnt ya?

    ReplyDelete