TTTT


April 23, 2010

Pinch me

Ever had one of those days that after they're over you still can't figure out if it truly happened? Take the 'el. The one sure-fire place where "weird" constantly gets redefined. There was this guy sitting directly in front of me on the 'el who was about 146 years old. He was reading from a magazine printed on newspaper paper - a newsletter if you will. The back cover of it was splattered with naked woman. Excuse me, provocatively dressed (nipple covers) women. I mean, I've had figs less wrinkled than this guy and he's looking at "This Russian woman of your dream - wants to meet you now!". So somehow I'm embarrassed and I look for anything else to look away at (which is impossible since I was sitting di-rectly across from him) and rushing in through the closing door comes this young guy in his twenties. Cargo jacket, beaten up chuck taylors - you know, normal. All of the sudden he raises his right hand directly over his left, as if he is holding a large stack of invisible books (except he's not) and between his two hands a marble is floating in the air. He is exerting all his power to keep this marble floating between his 2 feet apart hands. Like- here's this guy, riding the Redline, mystically controlling this marble for dear life. You know - should the marble suddenly decide to attack.
Determined to insert some normalcy back into my day I go to the gym. As I am kinda putting some effort into the elliptical, 3 teenagers walk by the window. Two males, one female....and the two guys have Robin masks painted on their faces just like the pic above. And they are carrying a full case of beer between them like they just came from robbing a liquor store and these geniuses picked the hardest to run with $12.99 case of beer over the $60+ bottle of Petron. But wait - I'm not done. The girl is filming them. I mean filming them with a large, ready-for-production, I'm-going-to-be-on the Channel 2 news-like camera.
A part of me wants to start the day over but the other kinda wants to stay up as late as possible to see what will happen next.
Tran

No comments:

Post a Comment