TTTT


July 26, 2010

Chicago Fire Jam

Tonight after a brisk walk at the lake we were headed on home when we heard the call of the drums. Literally. There was a large crowd gathered and in the arena like center were several performers spouting out fire from various instruments. It was so unexpected. It was so engrossing and in that full moonlight - it truly was magical. Turns out it is one of the many Chicago Fire Jam's held each summer. Namely during the summer months, friends gather every full moon of the month, near Foster beach and there are drums and pyrotech performances. Starting in 2004 amongst a group of friends celebrating a birthday it looked at though there were several hundred gathered there tonight. Happy Birthday fo'sure. And these are not child's play performances. Every person that walked into the circle were melodic and truly as one with their instrument. It was tonight that I kicked myself in saying - I HAVE got to start walking around with my camera.

So the best I could do was find some prior footage online that hopefully conveys what a nice treat this was.
This guy was the first one I saw tonight:


I would have been happy to have seen this guy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment