TTTT


June 1, 2010

SATC - Outfit 1

The much anticipated Sex and the City II was the perfect ending of the girl's day my two best friends and I had this weekend. Inadvertently we ended up exploring another very fun bureau of the city - Wicker Park - and capped it all off with this fashion forward sequel. One of the many reason's why the movie and storyline of the show perhaps has had such success, is the relationship of the girls and how it portrays how we oft lean on each other. Of course the fashion doesn't hurt either! After the show, as we were still giggling and exclaiming over certain scenes, my friend Jackie asked about the first "white" outfit Carrie had wore. It was Halston Heritage and one of many Halston outfits smattering the movie. Available for purchase at NeimanMarcus.com I can't deny the attractive simplicity of the white flowy lines of the dress and its subtle marks of sophistication.

Halston certainly played alot of air time in this movie which made sense given the movie's primary location in scenary (and SJP's design role in the collection!!). It has certainly turned my head to all the options out there to looking good without sweating bad.

My favorite of the opening white outfit above though would have to be the shoes. Ahh...Louboutin, you can do no wrong. Reportedly they were made solely - pun intended - for Carrie in the movie and are not available anywhere.

I would need to freeze pane many a scenes in the movie (including this opening) to verify that these are not the same one's available at Bergdorfs that coincidentally are now only available in pink online.





Perhaps it's lighting? Or my wishful thinking? They are both gorgeous shoes but there is always something attractive in the unattainable.

2 comments:

  1. For sure a fabulous way to end my oh so exciting "staycation" in this seemingly quiet, yet audacious city of ours. I would have to give you and very big THANK YOU for enjoying the great eats and the glamorous shopping with me! Ahhhh, just like Singapore....we haven't lost it I see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Achem - who is ALoveOfLife?? P - you are such a knuckle head. It took me a second to figure out the above. Yes - it was a great staycation. Enough to make me almost feel bad of making fun of your plans. Almost.

    ReplyDelete