TTTT


June 2, 2010

Bookclub Bookworm: The Curious Incident of the dog in the night-time - by Mark Haddon

I have a confession to make. I have become terribly competitive in my bookclub selections. We have read such a good assortment of books that I definitely do not want to be the one that breaks the cycle. This brings me to my dilemma. Its my turn to select the next book. I have procrastinated this enough already and still have no selection to show for. Tonight I went back and looked over some of our previous reads and I came across one of my past favorites. Mark Haddon's Curious Incident was an enjoyment for me on several levels. First it dealt with math (I know - what a nerd!!). But more so I thought it did a terrific job of carrying the voice of an autistic child. The read was quite fast but carried alot of depth. It managed to convey the simplistic, straightforward...almost stoic world the main character thought in while counterbalancing it with the real life world of color we all live in. I personally thought it was a fantastic read and am so glad that my friend Joe introduced me to this author.


No comments:

Post a Comment