TTTT


May 4, 2010

Hopeful Homeless

Its no secret to most that know me that I have been searching for a very long time to buy a place in the city of broad shoulders. I know its a great time to buy, supply is high, interest rates are low yeah yeah yeah. I guess I'm very particular on where I plan on plopping my handbags next and this particularity is driving everyone around me insane. It was this weekend with its quirky weather that I remembered all the things that make my place a home. First and foremost - there is a breeze that comes from my back porch that cannot be topped. I can have the door open and have a direct view of the swaying branches of the trees when I do dishes or fumble around my kitchen. I have been blessed to travel many of places around the world but the sound of the rain hitting the tree branches and the answering song of the cluster of leaves just makes me feel at peace.
I consider myself a connoisseur of sheets. I generally have a list of specs that I check through when purchasing: color, wear and tear, thread count, pattern and ease of matching with bedding. On a pure whim I once purchased the below bedding on sale at Target, which carries the Thomas O' Brien line of bedding, and I was hooked. Somehow this 600 thread count sheet kicked my 1000 thread count sheets arse. Be aware though the color fades a bit quicker but on the flip side the sheets only become softer and softer. Its this bedding that makes my jumpy self know that I am at home and in my bed.
My future home has to be in near locale to eateries. Coming from a family of cooks it has been a long while since I have picked up anything besides a take out menu.
In a similar vein, just as I have always had the convenience of an abundance of selection in cuisine I also always have had the convenience of being in walking distance to the lake. A luxury I am loathe to give up.
Lastly - as a true Chicagoan I have to be close to our CTA transportation system.
Something that will take my tail to work in order to pay for all of these life's little luxuries. Have you any intangibles of your home that you can't part with?

2 comments: