TTTT


May 5, 2010

Fringe Perspective

Some girls definitively look good with bangs



Some girls definitively do not:


Then there are some that are - eh:

I myself have rocked these tempting tendrils as a preteen and I would say I fell somewhere in the between the "should not" and "eh" category. It just was back then, when one got that kind of a hair cut in junior high you looked like - well you were in junior high. Suffice it to say this hair trend has evolved and the whole look has been rocked by Hollywood, by models and us mere mortals. I was thinking about this tonight and the thoughts brought me back to a time where I was continuously getting my bangs trimmed by my mother. She insisted it be done with "hair clippers" which always looked like regular scissors to me. Well I was way past due my next cut and my mom was constantly too busy to trim them. So one night when I was getting out of the shower, and the bangs once again was dripping annoying droplets of water into my eyes, that I said ENOUGH. I grabbed a regular pair of scissors I had found, carefully combed out my bangs to the front of my forehead, grabbed one side of the piece and figured how hard could this be? All I needed to do was cut a very straight line across. Snip - went the shears. I stood back and took stock of my handiwork. I noticed immediately that I must have had my head on a tilt since the bangs were definitely not straight. In efforts to even them out I started from the middle and snipped across at the longest offenders. I stood back to check the effect. What was this? I looked like Spock!!! I began to worry that my head wasn't level!!
Snip, snip snip away went my regular scissors until....well...hair in my eyes was no longer an issue. And it was that time that I would like to think I had the foresight - the vision if you will, to contribute to this trend:



2 comments:

  1. Tran - of course you did!! LOL!! I actually like the second look above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do your hair one day if you'd like. Re look #2 - I found it on this website with the key words "Emerging Ghetto Hairstyles". I am NOT making this up

    ReplyDelete