TTTT


September 21, 2010

Second Guessing

Loria, my friend, you have done me wrong.

Background story. I was never one to slave over sites and mags for what is up and coming and what next season's trends are to look out for. I prefer that this realization and acceptance for trend to happen more organically. So if I catch onto it via online, in stores, in streetstyles - it's because I truly did fall in love with a look or aesthetic. Not because I read about an aesthetic that was apt to occur in the forthcoming season. Clear as mud?
Well early this past summer I fell in love with a Cynthia Vincent chunky sweater that was ridiculously marked down. I liked how it had a subtle Navajo print in it and it was so incredibly cuddly. I scooped it up at its sale price. I was them summarily talked out of it. My dear dear friend, Loria, commented that it appeared too big for my frame. Her side kick chimed in with "When I'm in Mexico next - I can just pick you up one for a few pesos." They did not appear to be fans. So since it was summer and since I had momentarily lost some of my fashion mojo and since I was of an indecisive frame of mind - I returned it. Enter:

{Asos - Wrap Blanket Cardigan - $70.77}
{Forever21 - Shawl Sweater Cardigan - $29.80}

I am, of course, Master Of My Own Destiny. So I am willing to accept 45% of the blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment