TTTT


June 14, 2010

I don't think I'm ready...for this jelly

Among all the flats this summer that have inspired a sense of nostalgia are the oh so once-upon-a-time-jelly shoes. If you were ever a preteen in say - achem - the 80s you may have owned a pair of Sparkly.Purple.Caged.Jelly Shoes. As an adult I now I can see its attraction to parents as it could dry almost immediately when accidentally splashed, they were fairly inexpensive (at least I never broke out Miss Piggy for a pair) and the plastic/rubber soles provided a slip proof protection. I can also see where they may have appealed to a young primadonna with all its shade of fun and its affinity to low low low lady like heels.
These days the thought of sticking my feet into a pair of prone of overheat and become smelly sandals gives me the he-bee-gee-bees. I have rounded the prettiest pairs out there below but...mmmm dunno -what say you?




No comments:

Post a Comment