TTTT


May 10, 2010

Mom-isms

Although constantly aware of their influence, this day in particular did once again find me reflecting on all the wisdom and gifts my mother and grandmother have bestowed upon me.

1. Always sit with your legs crossed or clasped.
2. When moving your laundry from one location to another make sure your delicates are folded securely between several layers of clothing.
3. When you've eaten too many fatty foods and have an overwhelming sense of nauseum - have a piece of butterscotch candy. Works everytime.

4. A pair of scissors used to cut hair can never be used to cut fabric and vise versa.
5. To pick out the best most valuable lettuce at the market look for the best color and the heaviest head - it would have the most leaves in it even it its wrapped tightly.
6. Get burned three times while cooking certifies you as a great chef for life.
7. When caught naked - always put your slacks on first. (Disclaimer: this is only if the shirt is not of great length else the answer varies).
8. Smile in greeting - no one ever punched out someone smiling.
9. When washing - clean the light dishes first before moving to the grease laden cookware. Food scents carry. Make sure to rinse the sponge/rag when done
10. Look for beauty in everything.

One of the very best gifts my mom gave me was when I was young and we were not very well off. She was working for minimum wage and somehow scrimped and saved to give me a steno notepad (that detectives use) since I HAD to have one. One of the very best gifts my grandmother gave me was talking my parents into letting me go to a overnight camp which my parents had vetoed for months already.

Happy Mother's Day - hope you had a splendid day with your lovelies~

No comments:

Post a Comment