TTTT


May 17, 2010

Alice & Olivia for Payless

Ever since the Chanels and Chloes debuted it - clogs have been smattering our retail shops with faint reminders of why they ever were 'in' in the first place. I generally find one feature I like about the look and try to replicate it with a less expensive version. Frequently it's the wooden platform my five feet height is drawn to.
When I recently saw these on the Payless website I was instantly intrigued. For one - I am very very into designers creating their looks for more mainstream retail: Zac Posen, Cynthia Vincent, Jean Paul Gaultier all recently had a short line at Target. And now I find that Alice + Olivia - a brand I am frequently drawn to for their subtle feminine message they translate in clothing - has a line with Payless! Now this shoe has a lot going for it. The soft color is very becoming for the summer, the studs counterbalance the pink under soles and the height with the sturdy heel looks doable. I'm hoping that the shoe will be wide enough to be comfortable but narrow from the profile angle so that it doesn't appear clunky on sight alone.....a fallacy of our original more clunky clogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment